Resource and Facilities Grants
Staff at Skills and Education Group member organisations (Silver, Gold, or Platinum level). A map of current member organisations can be viewed on our Membership page.
Up to £2,000
Grants are distributed across two waves:
- Wave 1 – Friday, 8 March 2024
- Wave 2 – Friday, 7 June 2024
This fund is for staff at silver level or higher members who have identified a material problem that is negatively affecting their learners’ experience or their colleagues’ ability to deliver high-quality teaching. By offering targeted financial support, this fund will make positive changes to the resources and facilities of our members and deliver material improvements to the fabric of the further education sector as a whole.
These grants can be used to fund time-limited projects with clear physical outcomes, or can be used to renew or improve resources or facilities at your organisation. They support applicants in mitigating a problem that is negatively affecting the experience of their learners or the ability of their colleagues to deliver high-quality teaching.
How to apply
1. Download and review the following documents that will support your application:
- Download the application form
- Download the guidance document.
2. Submit your application!
If you have any questions or need help completing your application, email email@example.com
Learn more about the impact of the Resource and Facilities GrantsRead more
We want you to succeed in your application. Check out these helpful resources.
- Make sure your education provider is a Silver, Gold or Platinum level member of Skills and Education Group. A map of current member organisations can be viewed on our Membership page.
- Look at the tips and other resources below to help you write the best application possible.
- Gather all the information you’ll need to complete the application.
- Be as detailed as possible in your responses on the application.
- Focus your answers on how the grant will help you with projects that have physical outcomes.
- Ask us for help if there’s anything you don’t understand.
- Complete the application form and submit it to us.
What makes a good application?
I have questions
What can the Resource and Facilities Grant be used for?
These grants should be considered as independent, standalone funding opportunities. They can be used to fund time-limited projects, with clear physical outcomes. This might include, but not be limited to:
- The creation of a garden space (covering tool and material purchase costs, exclusive of labour costs)
- The painting of a mural onsite (covering tool and material purchase costs, exclusive of labour costs)
These grants can also be used to renew or improve resources or facilities at your organisation. This might include, but not be limited to:
- The purchasing of agricultural or animal welfare supplies
- The purchasing of new catering equipment and utensils
- The purchasing of new sports equipment or team kits
- The purchasing of new construction tools or materials
As the grants are to help provide a clear and sustainable impact for learners and staff that is not contingent on ongoing funding or future budgeting, they will not be made available to pay for:
- Contracts for ongoing services or third-party works (e.g. estates maintenance, cleaning, etc.)
- Contracts for the rental of equipment (whether short or long term)
- Partial funding of temporary or fixed-term roles
- Partial funding of permanent roles
- Fractional investment towards larger capital projects
How will I know if my grant application has been successful?
Applicants will be informed by email if their application has been successful. If more supporting information is required, we will contact the applicant directly via email.
How long does it take to process applications?
About a week after the submission deadline, we will notify you of your application status. If successful, funding will be dispersed at that time.